Battle Cry: Machine Invasion Begins
To register your child in this course, please click on the Register tab and fill the registration form, or write to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries.
Appropriate for ages 10-16 years
About this course
Internationally acclaimed LEGO Education robotics programs are conducted by Robokids engineers - experts in Robotics education for kids and affiliate of US based Maker Camp.
W The Battle Cry: Machine Invasion Begins program is structured over 4 stages, each stage corresponding to grades 1-8 of the Canadian and US curriculum.
1. An introduction to programming and robotics
2. Output: display and sound
3. Moving the robot
4. Using mathematics to program robots
6. Decisions and Loops
7. Data Handling
8. Data Blocks
- Enables students to build and program real-life robotic solutions using Java Object-Oriented Programming.
- Provides cross-curricular opportunities in computer science, technology, engineering and math.
- Allows for creativity in design.
- Enables students to explore the world of engineering by building complex control systems.
- Assembling parts of a robot
- Assembling a gear
- Design and program the robot to...
- Play your composed music and write its lyrics on screen
- Move forward and in reverse, accelerate and turn in circles
- Brake at the exact distances where there is a boy crossing the road
- Run through a maze
- Move when detecting sound
- Stop moving when sensing an object
- Stop moving when sensing a black line
- Stop moving when bumping into an object
- Move in a square only when there is no object in the vicinity using the ultrasonic sensor
- Follow a dark line using the light sensor
- Hit the red ball and not the blue one giving warning to the user
- Increase the speed according to the loudness of your clap
- Calculate the difference in distance from the two sensor readings
- Use the rotation sensor to count and pass the number of rotations on screen
No more than 16 students are permitted in each class, allowing quality attention by the instructor.
Classes are conducted for 2 hours.
You can enrol your child in the after-school classes and/or weekend classes. While regular attendance is encouraged, we know that there will be days when your child may not be able to attend a class. We will do our best to accommodate your child in the next class and help her/him catch up on the lesson they missed.
Try it out
Let your child attend a free first session. We let the kids experience the uniquely different teaching method we use so they become our biggest spokespersons. You can then decide to register your child for subsequent classes. Our payment plan is quite flexible: you can pay for a stage or pay for each class your child attends.
Say goodbye to tuitions
Would you rather see your child develop the confidence that comes from understanding the fundamental maths concepts, or have your child always be dependant on a tutor who only shows how to solve specific problems? Boost your child's confidence, save the money you pay to tutors and take pride in watching your kid become a Maths expert.