Wonder Bots: Learning by making
To register your child in this course, please click on the Register tab and fill the registration form, or write to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries.
Appropriate for ages 6+ years
It's fun to learn with LEGO Education WeDoTM Activity Pack and Robokids. Students get an exciting opportunity to play and learn at the same time, working as young scientists, engineers, mathematicians and creative writers to construct LEGO models, modifying them and redesigning them through their own ingenuity.
A few of the Learning Goals addressed:
- Make a working model using creativity
- Link cause and effect
- Think about how to find answers, use imagination to find new solutions
- Brainstorm ideas and attempt to implement them
- Test by changing one factor and measuring the effect
- Make systematic measurements
- Display data in tables
Robokids trainers guide students to actively:
STEM concepts learnt and practiced:
- Science: motion, energy, machines, levers, gears, pulleys, friction, testing, animal life
- Technology: programming, 2D and 3D modelling, natural versus mechanical systems, use of software
- Engineering: build, program, test, modify, add sensors, brainstorm, work in teams
- Mathematics: measurements in metric units and parts of units, compare diameter and speed, use numbers to represent sound types, measure characteristics, make decisions and take actions.
Language aptitude improved:
Additionally, students also improve their language competence: spoken and written aptitude, vocabulary, present using a model, gather information and write a story using interview questions, write a dialogue script, story telling based on a logical sequence of events, characters, drama, visual and sound effects, produce and convey ideas using technology, demonstrate thinking ability to class through participation in discussions.